Performing stress testing is about creating and maintaining an unfavorable environment. To check the stability of the PC, stress testing should be performed on it. Stress testing of the PC includes temperature and load monitoring of different components.get into pc
CPU, GPU, RAM, and motherboard stress test tools will help you to monitor the components and give information about the temperature, load, fan speed, and several other factors. We have shortlisted the top stress testing tools for your reference. The list includes a tool named PCMark 10 which is a tool for benchmarking.
The benchmarking process is similar to stress testing. Stress testing is performed to check the stability and benchmarking is for measuring and assessing the maximum performance.
The List of the Top Computer Stress Test Software
The Basic Edition of PCMark 10 is free. The Advanced Edition of PC Mark 10 will cost you $29.99. Both these are for home users. PCMark 10 Professional Edition is for business use. The price of this plan starts at $1495 per year.
It performs the test for a wide range of activities. It includes activities from daily productivity tasks to demanding work of digital content.
There are three products of PCMark 10, i.e. PCMark 10 benchmark, PCMark 10 Express, and PCMark 10 Extended. PCMark 10 benchmark is for PC evaluating organizations. PCMark 10 Express is for basic work tasks. PCMark 10 Extended is for the complete assessment of the system performance.
- The latest version has new and improved versions.
- It supports Windows OS and Windows 10 is also supported.
- It provides extended and custom run options.
- It provides multi-level reporting.
- No need to select the mode as in PCMark 8.
JAM Software offers the product HeavyLoad to Stress test your PC. HeavyLoad is a Freeware. It puts a heavy load on your workstation or server PC. HeavyLoad can stress test the CPU, GPU, and memory.
- It will allow you to customize the test methods as per your needs.
- It lets you choose the available cores for testing.
- It checks the system’s behavior with dwindling disk space.
- It also checks memory allocation with scarce memory.
- For stress testing of GPU, it uses the 3D rendered graphics.
BurnInTest is a tool for load and stress testing of Windows PC. BurnInTest will allow you to stress test all your computer sub-systems simultaneously. For storing the test results at a central place, it can be integrated with PassMark Management Console.
- It will help you with PC troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- As it can perform simultaneous testing, it reduces the time required for testing.
- It can perform testing for CPU, Hard drives, SSDs, RAM & Optical drives, Sound Cards, Graphic Cards, Network Ports, and Printers.
CPU Stress Test Software
The CPU needs to be stress-tested in order to ensure its stability. It is stress tested using extreme workload, memory usage, clock speed, voltages, and different types of tasks.
Before performing this type of testing, different parameters like temperature, overclocking, underclocking, and overvolting should be changed according to the heavy CPU loads.
While performing the CPU stress test, the CPU should be properly ventilated and cooled. While running the CPU stress testing, the temperature should be monitored frequently. CoreTemp is optional software that can be used for temperature monitoring. This step can avoid the damages caused by overheating.